Zell Miller nailed the liberals last night
Mike Smith
2004-09-02 11:12:43 UTC
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1

And, no pair has been more wrong, more loudly, more often than the two
Senators from Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry.

Together, Kennedy/Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won
the Cold War and that is now winning the War on Terror.

Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to
shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security
but Americans need to know the facts.

The B-1 bomber, that Senator Kerry opposed, dropped 40 percent of the
bombs in the first six months of Operation Enduring Freedom.

The B-2 bomber, that Senator Kerry opposed, delivered air strikes
against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Hussein's command post in Iraq.

The F-14A Tomcats, that Senator Kerry opposed, shot down Khadifi's
Libyan MIGs over the Gulf of Sidra. The modernized F-14D, that Senator
Kerry opposed, delivered missile strikes against Tora Bora.

The Apache helicopter, that Senator Kerry opposed, took out those
Republican Guard tanks in Kuwait in the Gulf War. The F-15 Eagles,
that Senator Kerry opposed, flew cover over our Nation's Capital and
this very city after 9/11.

I could go on and on and on: against the Patriot Missile that shot
down Saddam Hussein's scud missiles over Israel; against the Aegis
air-defense cruiser; against the Strategic Defense Initiative; against
the Trident missile; against, against, against.

This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S.
Armed Forces?

U.S. forces armed with what?

Spitballs?

<end quote>

If you missed his speech, you really missed a passionate, old-time
barn-burner of a speech.

Mike Smith

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/vietnam.htm

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video_wmv.html

A definitive history of the US and Mid East over the last several decades:
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/podhoretz.htm

Zell Miller and Ed Koch are Americans first and members of the Democratic Party second.
This has totally confused the rest of the Democratic Party.
cory
2004-09-02 12:44:03 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Wow, I missed that last night, but I'd have to say I'm impressed. It's
the sort of speech that would have persuaded Dennis Miller to switch
sides, if he hadn't done so already. I can imagine, though, the groans
of disgust emanating from those of my friends and acquaintances who are
either liberal, or French, or both.
LarryG
2004-09-02 19:27:50 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
And, no pair has been more wrong, more loudly, more often than the two
Senators from Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry.
Together, Kennedy/Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won
the Cold War and that is now winning the War on Terror.
Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to
shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security
but Americans need to know the facts.
The B-1 bomber, that Senator Kerry opposed, dropped 40 percent of the
bombs in the first six months of Operation Enduring Freedom.
-snip-

Zell Miller is a prime example of a political flip-flop artist.
One election he keynotes for Democrats, this time he does it for
Republicans. Quite a change of tune, dontcha think?

The problem with all of these weapons programs for the military
is that they didn't help us prevent 9/11, or do a hell of a lot
of good in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda and the Taliban actually
were.

Iraq is simply a tremendously costly misdirection of America's
force and focus. Bush can't / won't catch Bin Laden, so he
goes after much easier targets. Its like he's shooting fish
in a barrel! And you're supplying the bullets! What a maroon.

Cheers,
Larry G.
Archen
2004-09-02 20:45:44 UTC
Zell Miller complained about Kerry voting against weapons programs that
Dick Cheney also voted against.
vonroach
2004-09-02 23:11:23 UTC
Post by Archen
Zell Miller complained about Kerry voting against weapons programs that
Dick Cheney also voted against.
The democrat hate mongers have a new lie daily even directed at one of
their own in this instance. What human debris the democrats have
become since Clinton.
Mike Smith
2004-09-02 21:43:42 UTC
Post by LarryG
Post by Mike Smith
[...]
Only for someone like you, without the slightest bit of any analytical
abilities.
Post by LarryG
The problem with all of these weapons programs for the military
is that they didn't help us prevent 9/11, or do a hell of a lot
of good in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda and the Taliban actually
were.
You obviously haven't investigated Zell's claims, have you. Why don't
you start with actually reading his speech, so you don't look so
stupid.
Post by LarryG
Iraq is simply a tremendously costly misdirection of America's
force and focus. Bush can't / won't catch Bin Laden, so he
goes after much easier targets. Its like he's shooting fish
in a barrel! And you're supplying the bullets! What a maroon.
Cheers,
Larry G.
Why yes, you truly are....

Mike Smith

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/vietnam.htm

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video_wmv.html

Zell Miller and Ed Koch are Americans first and members of the Democratic Party second.
This has totally confused the rest of the Democratic Party.

"I have knocked on the door of this man's soul and found someone home,
a God-fearing man with a good heart and a spine of tempered steel.
The man I trust to protect my most precious possession: my family."
Zell Miller, talking about President Bush 9-1-2004
w***@hal-pc.org
2004-09-03 03:07:33 UTC
Post by LarryG
Post by Mike Smith
[...]
No it is not! Like he has said he has not left the democratic party,
the party left him. Those incharge are not the same type of people that
were there in 1992 nor have they been there since 1960. Since 1960 it
has been hijacked by leftist radicals. Since Sen. Miller finds that the
ones who are closest to his ideals are republicans shows you how far
left the democrats have gone. It is not just Sen Miller who has noticed
this but many of my neigbors who have voted for democrats for decades
can attest to this.

The reason, if you have forgotten, why Sen. Miller spoke at the 92
convention was because he had hope in CLinton who he though would bring
the party back towards the center from the leftist. He was asked to
speak because he helped Clinton secure Georgia.
Post by LarryG
The problem with all of these weapons programs for the military
is that they didn't help us prevent 9/11, or do a hell of a lot
of good in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda and the Taliban actually
were.
You miss the point. These weapons are for overall protection of the
country. They also for prosecuting actions against the enemy. It was
the FBI's and Cia's role to have precented 9-11 not the military. Also,
those weapon systems were extremely useful in Afganistan. The bombers
cleared air fields, destroyed tunnels. The copters provided point
defense and offensive capabilities. Without many of those weapons
system, the ability of the military to project power in advance of the
troops going in would not have been there and could have cost lives.
Post by LarryG
Iraq is simply a tremendously costly misdirection of America's
force and focus. Bush can't / won't catch Bin Laden, so he
goes after much easier targets. Its like he's shooting fish
in a barrel! And you're supplying the bullets! What a maroon.
Cheers,
Larry G.
Because of the nature of the war on terrorism, the targets and
objectives are many and numerous. Iraq was on the list. Iraq was a
dangerous wild card. We have and still have no clear information about
its WMD's. It has been proven he had them and did not disclose them.
Saddam was paying for compansation to terrorist. Do you really think
once the international community left that Iraq would have not supplied
to the highest bidder the WMD of their choice? As a result of getting
Iraq off the board, Libya capitualted with out even having to take
action. The war on terror is a wide spread war.

MRC
zmike6
2004-09-03 05:51:45 UTC
Post by w***@hal-pc.org
Post by LarryG
The problem with all of these weapons programs for the military
is that they didn't help us prevent 9/11, or do a hell of a lot
of good in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda and the Taliban actually
were.
You miss the point. These weapons are for overall protection of the
country. They also for prosecuting actions against the enemy. It was
the FBI's and Cia's role to have precented 9-11 not the military. Also,
those weapon systems were extremely useful in Afganistan. The bombers
cleared air fields, destroyed tunnels. The copters provided point
defense and offensive capabilities. Without many of those weapons
system, the ability of the military to project power in advance of the
troops going in would not have been there and could have cost lives.
While not getting into a debate about how effective and useful these
weapon systems are, I point out that Cheney, as former SecDef under
Bush I, also opposed many of the weapon systems that Zell Miller spoke
of last night. The Daily Show had a nice clip on it today.
LarryG
2004-09-03 06:52:43 UTC
Post by LarryG
[...]
Miller, like Clinton, is/was a political opportunist. One of the
reasons Clinton's Presidency is considered so successful, is because
he frequently co-opted the Republican agenda. In doing so, he earned
a great deal of enmity - he stole credit for championing conservative
causes, and left the originators with the distasteful choice of voting
for something Clinton embraced, or voting against the very legislation
they themselves drafted.

If anything, Clinton's administration became more conservative as a
consequence, not more liberal. Miller is making things up, and you
are buying it. Heard any good swift boat stories lately?
Post by LarryG
The problem with all of these weapons programs for the military
is that they didn't help us prevent 9/11, or do a hell of a lot
of good in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda and the Taliban actually
were.
You miss the point. These weapons are for overall protection of the
country. They also for prosecuting actions against the enemy. It was
the FBI's and Cia's role to have precented 9-11 not the military. Also,
those weapon systems were extremely useful in Afganistan. The bombers
cleared air fields, destroyed tunnels. The copters provided point
defense and offensive capabilities. Without many of those weapons
system, the ability of the military to project power in advance of the
troops going in would not have been there and could have cost lives.
While "defense" may have been the ostensible purpose for funding
these systems, their presence poses a different risk - the temptation
to use them inappropriately. The best option, when it comes to reducing
the number of lives lost in a war, is to not start one!
Post by LarryG
[...]
Iraq was on the hit list *before* 9/11. All of the excuses used to justify
the invasion were just that - excuses. Very few of them were real, and
Bush didn't care. All he wanted was some pretense he could sell the
American people.

To make matters worse, our adventure in Iraq saps our focus, strength and
resolve in the real war on terror. And, our actions may in fact be
responsible for creating more or bolder terrorists, because they are
beginning to see that the U.S. can be broken, and eventually defeated.

The Bush Administration is an unmittigated disaster for this country.
If you loved this country as much as you think you do, you'd be in
the streets screaming at the masses of inattentive morons.

Cheers,
Larry G.
Mike Smith
2004-09-03 08:59:24 UTC
Post by LarryG
[...]
You mean like the cruise missles clinton shot at Iraq in his attempt
to cover up his Monica problems? Why didn't he take care of business?
Iraq was in violation of the 1991 settlement... Whoops, that doesn't
fit your mindless litttle rant, does it...
Post by LarryG
To make matters worse, our adventure in Iraq saps our focus, strength and
resolve in the real war on terror. And, our actions may in fact be
responsible for creating more or bolder terrorists, because they are
beginning to see that the U.S. can be broken, and eventually defeated.
That is 100% bullshit. You are espousing the French method of dealing
wiht a threat.
Post by LarryG
The Bush Administration is an unmittigated disaster for this country.
If you loved this country as much as you think you do, you'd be in
the streets screaming at the masses of inattentive morons.
Cheers,
Larry G.
Sorry, you are simply too stupid to make that type of assumption.
Admitted, he won't bend over, grab his ankles and politely ask the
terrorists to be gentle {Kerry's solution to the terrorist threat}.
He's a real man, not a whimpy girly-man. That just drives you nuts,
doesn't it...

w***@hal-pc.org
2004-09-04 05:51:08 UTC
Post by LarryG
Post by w***@hal-pc.org
Post by LarryG
[...]
You do not even show how Sen. Miller is/was a political opportunist.
You showed how Clinton was such an opportunist. But did Clinton really
believe in those principles or did for pure political points. Sen.
Miller has stated his principles and has steadfastly stood by those
principles from the time he was elect mayor in Georgia to when he was
Govenor of Georgia to now as Senator. He believed that Clinton held
those principles but soon saw that he did not. The fact remains that
the democrat party is not the same party that Sen. Miller originally
joined. ASk many of the blue dog Democrats and they will tell you the same.
Post by LarryG
If anything, Clinton's administration became more conservative as a
consequence, not more liberal. Miller is making things up, and you
are buying it. Heard any good swift boat stories lately?
The Clinton administration tried to pretend it was conservative but it
was ultimately held and tied to the liberal wing of the party. The
party itself has and still is on the liberal left side. Sen Miller
thought that Clinton would be able to bring the party towards the middle
but that did not happen.

As for the Swift boat accounts, I sure have and still shows that kerry
at best wildly exagerated his exploits.
Post by LarryG
Post by w***@hal-pc.org
Post by LarryG
[...]
The defense of a country comes in two different flavors. One for
reacting to a situation and the other for prevention through pre-emption
(hmm catchy). Whether there is temptation or not for inappropriate use,
is not a justification not to have them.

Your best option is utopian whereas the best way to reduce lives lost is
to fight and complete a war totally so that it does not have to be
refought again. That is the lesson repeated throughout history.
Post by LarryG
Post by w***@hal-pc.org
Post by LarryG
[...]
Of course it was because it was put there by Clinton and endorsed by the
Congress. All the "excuses" as you put them were real justification
based upon the evidence available at the time. Not just from our
intellegence sources but from the British, Russians and others.
Besides, Saddam provided the best justification himself. The refusal to
live up to the terms that ended the first Gulf War. For over 10 years
he refused to unconditionally comply with us and the U.N. Look at all
the attempts to shoot down our aircraft flying the no-fly zone. Look at
the last resolution that called upon Iraq to once and for all to come
clean about is WMD. It failed to do so. Even when it reluctantly
agreed to more inspection Iraq began to stonewall again. What was the
result. WMD's were found. One three seprate occassions since the
invasions chemical weapons have been found. One inciden was shells that
were hidden. Even though it is thought they were old shells, they were
to have been disclosed. The second incident was an IED with chemicals
was found. Then in June Polish troops find over 17 rockects and several
mortar shells with chemical munitions that were being sold to the
highest bidder. Even though no huge stockpiles were found that was
believed to exist, these discoveries make you wonder what else has been
moved and hidden. Evidence of unusal border activity with Syria was
noted in documents found. Although hard links to AL-Queda were not
prevelent, several instances exist where Iraq had contact with Al-Queda.
This along with the fact that they harboured and encourage terrorism
their involvement with Al-queda can not be dismissed.
Post by LarryG
To make matters worse, our adventure in Iraq saps our focus, strength and
resolve in the real war on terror. And, our actions may in fact be
responsible for creating more or bolder terrorists, because they are
beginning to see that the U.S. can be broken, and eventually defeated.
Wars on mulitple fonts have a tendancy to do this, yet we successfully
engaged both Germany and Japan. You annd Kerry seem to forget that this
is not a conventional war with easily defined sigular front. It is
multi-faceted and requires multiply engagements. The terrorist already
knew that America is weak. all they had to do is look to Korea where we
did not have the will to finish with finality the conflict. With
Vietnam they saw how the public became weak-kneed and turned on its
support for the war there. The Leading General of the Vietanese army
stated that if it were not for Kerry, Fonda nad other war activist
putting enormous pressure on the U.S. Government, they (North Vietnam)
would have lost. We as a people have become too soft thus our resolve
is not deep. We need to be remind often about 9-11 and the losses it
caused. This war on terrorism is going to be a long battle that will
take us to many different foriegn lands. So-far Libya has capitulated
based upon what has happened in Iraq and turned over everything on their
WMD program. Also remember it is better to be fighting the terrorist in
Iraq that to have the here and suffer what the Russians have faced with
the Chechens.
Post by LarryG
The Bush Administration is an unmittigated disaster for this country.
If you loved this country as much as you think you do, you'd be in
the streets screaming at the masses of inattentive morons.
Cheers,
Larry G.
I disagree, the Bush Administration is the best thing to have happened
for our country. The world knows that this administration has the will
and resolve to do what it takes to strike at terrorist. This war is not
going to get easier. By far it is going to get tougher and bloodier.
Iraq may not have been the "big Prize" in the war on terror but it is a
key stepping stone to work-up to that prize. Best to get the easier
victories out of the way before having to eventually attacking bigger
targets like Syria, Iran and North Korea. For now containing them will
do but they will need to be reconed with.

Sure I would love be in the streets screaming at the masses of
inattentive moron like those protestors in NYC, the DNC and moveon.org
but they are brain dead anyway.

MRC
Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-03 02:33:55 UTC
Post by LarryG
Post by Mike Smith
[...]
Give me a break... He has stated publicly that after keynoting for
Klinton, he was disappointed with eight years of accommodation,
appeasement, and sleaze. It's actually your problem with facing the
truth being a liberal and all...

Rest of whining drivel snipped
Post by LarryG
Cheers,
Larry G.
--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4
Grubber
2004-09-03 03:01:25 UTC
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
Post by Mike Smith
[...]
Post by LarryG
Cheers,
Larry G.
--
JT
Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4
lol - even the Republicans are backing off from their keynote speaker,
moving him out of the first family's box for George's speech tonight

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5897622
LarryG
2004-09-03 06:30:01 UTC
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:33:55 GMT, Grumpy au Contraire
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
Zell Miller is a prime example of a political flip-flop artist.
One election he keynotes for Democrats, this time he does it for
Republicans. Quite a change of tune, dontcha think?
Give me a break... He has stated publicly that after keynoting for
Klinton, he was disappointed with eight years of accommodation,
appeasement, and sleaze. It's actually your problem with facing the
truth being a liberal and all...
Oh, Geez! If you believe that, I've got a crate of used con . do . m . s .
. . eh, *pre-tested penile raincoats*
I can sell you (and anyone else who falls for that line of
elephant shit) for $5.00 each (not per crate!) With such
vapid stupidity walking the streets, offering up their money
to trash-talking hucksters, I ought to be able to make a few
thousand dollars helping Republicans practice abstinance.

Cheers,
Larry G.
Mike Smith
2004-09-03 08:51:37 UTC
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
[...]
Of course....

Despite that fact theat Zell explained why he did what he did, you, in
your infinite ignorance, know better...

Yea..... right.....

Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-03 14:00:08 UTC
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
[...]
The only huckster I see in this race

1. Calculated his upcoming political career in Vietnam with home movies

2. Then turned against the war (his first flip flop) and:

a. Traveled to Hanoi to comfort the enemy (A federal offense btw)

b. Was part of a group advocating the kidnapping of guv'ment officials

c. Carried this political agenda to the next step by:

i. Testifying before Congress regarding "widespread" war crimes

ii. Throwing away his "medals."

3. As a Senator...

a. Passed no major bills

b. Absent for votes over 75% of the time

c. Voted against every major weapons program and for Intelligence gutting

4. As a candidate for president..

a. Wrapped him self in the flag and Vietnam service

b. Whined incessantly when his claims to "heroism" were debunked

c. Established new records for flip flops.

Yep... Zero plus Zero equals Zero and once again, all you liberals will
be left standing or, oh wait... Make that whimpering liberals without a
cause whose constant whining got them nowhere!

Have a nice day.

Archen
2004-09-03 14:08:38 UTC
when Bush changes his mind he's "Clarifying his stance",
when Kerry changes his mind he's a flip-flopper.

Can you say double speak.

Yes Bush is resolute. He resolutely ignored the war on terror and Bin
Laden to go after Iraq and refuse to allow the facts to influence his
decision.
LarryG
2004-09-04 02:40:00 UTC
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:00:08 GMT, Grumpy au Contraire
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
Oh, Geez! If you believe that, I've got a crate of used con . do . m . s .
. . eh, *pre-tested penile raincoats*
I can sell you (and anyone else who falls for that line of
elephant shit) for $5.00 each (not per crate!) With such
vapid stupidity walking the streets, offering up their money
to trash-talking hucksters, I ought to be able to make a few
thousand dollars helping Republicans practice abstinance.
Cheers,
Larry G.
The only huckster I see in this race
1. Calculated his upcoming political career in Vietnam with home movies
The Navy - Its not just a job, its an adventure! Many servicemen
buy and use cameras during their duty. For most, being in the
military is like a working vacation to exciting, exotic hot-spots.
It is quite natural for folk to want to record their adventures,
if for no other reason than to show their grandkids what they did
during the war.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that Jar Jar Bush doesn't
have many photos of himself in uniform?
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
a. Traveled to Hanoi to comfort the enemy (A federal offense btw)
b. Was part of a group advocating the kidnapping of guv'ment officials
i. Testifying before Congress regarding "widespread" war crimes
ii. Throwing away his "medals."
If the experience of life-and-death combat doesn't change your
outlook on life and meaning, you're already dead.

Had any epiphanies lately, Jet?
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
3. As a Senator...
a. Passed no major bills
As opposed to say the fraudulent Medicare Prescription Drug fiasco,
or the Haliburton Relief Act?
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
b. Absent for votes over 75% of the time
What's the point of being present for a vote which the Republican
Majority would pass with or without him? Being present would have
been a pointless waste of taxpayer money.
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
c. Voted against every major weapons program and for Intelligence gutting
If we build more weapons, Jar Jar and company will find wars to use them
in, whether we need to be fighting them or not. And the CIA has a nasty
reputation for doing the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Perhaps it
needed some restraint.
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
4. As a candidate for president..
a. Wrapped him self in the flag and Vietnam service
b. Whined incessantly when his claims to "heroism" were debunked
Do you like people telling lies about you? The criticisms have
suffered more debunking than all of Kerry's claims put together.
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
c. Established new records for flip flops.
Flip flop or no, at least he ain't Bush. That's why he's got my vote.
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Yep... Zero plus Zero equals Zero and once again, all you liberals will
be left standing or, oh wait... Make that whimpering liberals without a
cause whose constant whining got them nowhere!
Have a nice day.
How much whining do you plan to do after election day?

Cheers,
Larry G.
Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-06 01:40:44 UTC
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Post by LarryG
[...]
Don't you find it curious that Kerry's home movies feature HIM???

Get a clue...
Post by LarryG
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
a. Traveled to Hanoi to comfort the enemy (A federal offense btw)
b. Was part of a group advocating the kidnapping of guv'ment officials
i. Testifying before Congress regarding "widespread" war crimes
ii. Throwing away his "medals."
Rest of inane responses snipped...

someone
2004-09-02 20:57:07 UTC
After the speech, Zell Miller and Mike Smith beat the evil out of their
wives.
Republicans stand up to those evil bitches in the name of jesus.

way to go guys!
trim that bush
2004-09-02 21:12:42 UTC
Zell Miller made Howard Dean look downright calm and composed. Miller
embarrassed himself during his tirade and even worse, challenged Chris
Matthews to a "dual" afterward. What an old coot. There were more old,
flabby-armed women and toothless fuddy-duddies who were out way past their
bedtime, than any convention I've ever watched. I know Mike Smith can
relate b/c he's paralyzed by the fear that FauxNews feeds him. He's too
stupid to be able to see it for what it is: TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM
BUSH'S DISMAL RECORD OF FAILURE.

Miller's a laughing stock.
Mike Smith
2004-09-02 21:45:12 UTC
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:12:42 GMT, "trim that bush"
Post by trim that bush
Zell Miller made Howard Dean look downright calm and composed. Miller
embarrassed himself during his tirade and even worse, challenged Chris
Matthews to a "dual" afterward. What an old coot. There were more old,
flabby-armed women and toothless fuddy-duddies who were out way past their
bedtime, than any convention I've ever watched. I know Mike Smith can
relate b/c he's paralyzed by the fear that FauxNews feeds him. He's too
stupid to be able to see it for what it is: TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM
BUSH'S DISMAL RECORD OF FAILURE.
Miller's a laughing stock.
Oh look, another fool who didn't read or watch the speech....

<Yawn>

Mike Smith

trim that bush
2004-09-02 22:33:50 UTC
If you were in Congress, you'd probably vote for every single weapons system
under the sun. Very pragmatic. I watched Miller shit himself. I'd be
pissed off too if I were a racist who walks around w/a steaming load in my
trousers.

Always voting for weaponry at the expense of the poor and uninsured is not
the right thing to do, dickhead. Are our deficits ok w/you too? Like I
said: you're paralyzed by fear because you are a pussy. You are stupid. No
high-tech bomber or multi-billion dollar air defense system is going to stop
the terror cells already in our country, genius.

goddamn you're stupid.
Mike Smith
2004-09-03 00:07:04 UTC
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:33:50 GMT, "trim that bush"
Post by trim that bush
If you were in Congress, you'd probably vote for every single weapons system
under the sun. Very pragmatic. I watched Miller shit himself. I'd be
pissed off too if I were a racist who walks around w/a steaming load in my
trousers.
Always voting for weaponry at the expense of the poor and uninsured is not
the right thing to do, dickhead. Are our deficits ok w/you too? Like I
said: you're paralyzed by fear because you are a pussy. You are stupid. No
high-tech bomber or multi-billion dollar air defense system is going to stop
the terror cells already in our country, genius.
goddamn you're stupid.
BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA..

Way funny....

Moorehead Johnson
2004-09-03 14:25:03 UTC
Post by trim that bush
If you were in Congress, you'd probably vote for every single weapons system
under the sun. Very pragmatic. I watched Miller shit himself. I'd be
pissed off too if I were a racist who walks around w/a steaming load in my
trousers.
You mean Grand Dragon Democrat Senator Robert Byrd gave a speech at
the convention? Damn, and I missed it.
Post by trim that bush
Always voting for weaponry at the expense of the poor and uninsured is not
the right thing to do, dickhead.
How the fuck does a poor or uninsure person get a job if they are DEAD
at the hands of Islamo-fascist terrorists, FUCKHEAD?
Post by trim that bush
Are our deficits ok w/you too?
Can you cite for us the last time we were in a war and ran a budget
surplus?
Post by trim that bush
Like I
said: you're paralyzed by fear because you are a pussy. You are stupid. No
high-tech bomber or multi-billion dollar air defense system is going to stop
the terror cells already in our country, genius.
Pussy boy Kerry, in addition to wanting to gut the military, wanted to
gut intelligence, too, wussy-man. And those folks CAN and HAVE
stopped terrorists in our own country, thanks to the strength,
leadership and FUNDING from George W. Bush, the president for the next
four years. Stick that in your bong and smoke it, girlie man.

MJ
w***@hal-pc.org
2004-09-03 03:14:23 UTC
Post by trim that bush
Zell Miller made Howard Dean look downright calm and composed. Miller
embarrassed himself during his tirade and even worse, challenged Chris
Matthews to a "dual" afterward. What an old coot. There were more old,
flabby-armed women and toothless fuddy-duddies who were out way past their
bedtime, than any convention I've ever watched. I know Mike Smith can
relate b/c he's paralyzed by the fear that FauxNews feeds him. He's too
stupid to be able to see it for what it is: TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM
BUSH'S DISMAL RECORD OF FAILURE.
Miller's a laughing stock.
Miller was calm and in control but angry. Whereas Dean and Gore both
were out of control and hysterical. Miller's speech is the type of
speech that in the tradition of politics. Research it (look at
political speeches from 1778-1960) and you will see that Sen. Millers
speech was on-par others from history.

As far as the duels goes, perhaps it would keep those who have a history
of uncivil behavor in line!

From your assertions it is clear that you are not some old fuddy-duddy-
who is out past their bed time but it is clear that you are up past the
curfew on minors with you silly comments.

MRC
Morgan Groves
2004-09-03 01:07:30 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
<stuff snipped>

Sounds to me like the same old bogus charges that desperate Publicans have
been putting out ever since it became clear that Kerry would win the
nomination. See http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/weapons.asp

Of course, you'll probably claim this is leftwing propaganda. We expect
that.
Mike Smith
2004-09-03 02:29:06 UTC
Post by Morgan Groves
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
<stuff snipped>
Sounds to me like the same old bogus charges that desperate Publicans have
been putting out ever since it became clear that Kerry would win the
nomination. See http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/weapons.asp
Of course, you'll probably claim this is leftwing propaganda. We expect
that.
You stupid moron.

Did you even read the snopes report. It, in no way, disputed the fact
that kerry voted against the military spending as cited by Zell
Miller.

Morgan Groves
2004-09-03 03:48:47 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Morgan Groves
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
<stuff snipped>
Sounds to me like the same old bogus charges that desperate Publicans have
been putting out ever since it became clear that Kerry would win the
nomination. See http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/weapons.asp
Of course, you'll probably claim this is leftwing propaganda. We expect
that.
You stupid moron.
Did you even read the snopes report. It, in no way, disputed the fact
that kerry voted against the military spending as cited by Zell
Miller.
Mike Smith
Mike, my momma taught me a couple of aphorisms I should have remembered
before I responded to your blathering:
First, never get into a pissing contest with a skunk.
Second, never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed enemy.

sayonara.
Mike Smith
2004-09-03 08:49:47 UTC
Post by Morgan Groves
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Morgan Groves
Post by Mike Smith
[...]
Too bad she didn't teach you how to comprehend what you read...

Conan-the-conservative
2004-09-04 00:06:23 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Did you see the replay of the insane Zell Miller on MsNBC?

What a loon! The hate-filled, redfaced, anger-based Miller wanted to
challenge his Hardball host to a duel! Really, it happened on live TV.

An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Action
2004-09-04 01:17:18 UTC
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:06:23 GMT, Conan-the-conservative
Post by Conan-the-conservative
An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Zell is a DEMOCRAT. BTW, why don't you challenge some fo the things
he SAID rather than his "character"?
Jeffrey E. Salzberg
2004-09-04 09:16:58 UTC
Post by Action
Zell is a DEMOCRAT.
It would be more accurate to say that he calls himself a Democrat.

GW Bush calls himself compassionate.

Calling yourself something doesn't make you that thing.
Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-04 04:34:01 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Did you see the replay of the insane Zell Miller on MsNBC?
What a loon! The hate-filled, redfaced, anger-based Miller wanted to
challenge his Hardball host to a duel! Really, it happened on live TV.
He simply should have shot the fucker dead!
Post by Conan-the-conservative
An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Are you sure that you did not arrive at that description based on your
last look in the mirror?

Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-04 18:00:34 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Did you see the replay of the insane Zell Miller on MsNBC?
What a loon! The hate-filled, redfaced, anger-based Miller wanted to
challenge his Hardball host to a duel! Really, it happened on live TV.
An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Seems to me that the Democrats appear to have no core values these days...

Jeffrey E. Salzberg
2004-09-04 19:02:49 UTC
In article <***@doofis.FAKEcom>, ***@doofis.FAKEcom
says...
Other than the Golden Rule and the Bill of Rights.
cory
2004-09-05 03:59:54 UTC
Post by Jeffrey E. Salzberg
says...
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Seems to me that the Democrats appear to have no core values these days...
Other than the Golden Rule and the Bill of Rights.
Around 70% of all Democrats polled are against the war in Iraq, but they
nominated a candidate who voted for it, and is running on a campaign of
national strength. Tell me about Democrats and their core values.
CJT
2004-09-05 05:08:08 UTC
Post by cory
Post by Jeffrey E. Salzberg
says...
Post by Grumpy au Contraire
Seems to me that the Democrats appear to have no core values these days...
Other than the Golden Rule and the Bill of Rights.
Around 70% of all Democrats polled are against the war in Iraq, but they
nominated a candidate who voted for it, and is running on a campaign of
national strength. Tell me about Democrats and their core values.
National strength didn't require war on Iraq. But now that we're there,
the situation is different from how it was before we destabilized it.
There's no contradiction.

Nor is there a contradiction in voting for the bill that was before
congress and being against unilateral pre-emptive war.

BTW, where does that 70% figure come from?
minimize spam. Our true address is of the form ***@prodigy.net.
cory
2004-09-05 13:27:36 UTC
Geez, man, read ANY national presidential poll.
CJT
2004-09-05 22:07:20 UTC
Post by cory
Post by CJT
BTW, where does that 70% figure come from?
Geez, man, read ANY national presidential poll.
Probably 70% think it was the wrong thing to do. However, now that
we're in, I think most believe we are responsible for bringing it
to an acceptable finish.
minimize spam. Our true address is of the form ***@prodigy.net.
CJT
2004-09-04 20:55:47 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Did you see the replay of the insane Zell Miller on MsNBC?
What a loon! The hate-filled, redfaced, anger-based Miller wanted to
challenge his Hardball host to a duel! Really, it happened on live TV.
An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Seems to me that the Democrats appear to have no core values these days...
At least the Democrats have decency. Republicans this season seem
willing to say anything, without regard for the truth.
minimize spam. Our true address is of the form ***@prodigy.net.
Grumpy au Contraire
2004-09-05 08:16:43 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_miller_text_1&printer=1
Did you see the replay of the insane Zell Miller on MsNBC?
What a loon! The hate-filled, redfaced, anger-based Miller wanted to
challenge his Hardball host to a duel! Really, it happened on live TV.
An amazing, a sickening, an eye-opening and all too real portrait of the
core values of the whacko Republican Right hate-mongers who are running
the Bush administration.
Seems to me that the Democrats appear to have no core values these days...
At least the Democrats have decency. Republicans this season seem
willing to say anything, without regard for the truth.
That's the funniest thing that I've heard this week... Congratulations!

Mapanari
2004-09-16 03:05:05 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
A snippet from Zell Miller's speech last night
snip
Zell Miller and Ed Koch are Americans first and members of the
Democratic Party second. This has totally confused the rest of the
Democratic Party.
Zell showed America what is was like to have a true American politician
around instead of the pandering, homosexual back-biting slick sly lawyer-type
politicians of today.
--
---Mapanari---